My Free Patterns

Monday, November 10, 2014

Sewing with the kids

Hello! Lately, my kids have been very crafty. First, they asked me to teach them how to knit. Oh, yes, with pleasure I will teach them to knit. They are (slowly) working on some garter stitch squares.


Then, somehow (none of us can remember how it came up) they decided they wanted to learn to sew. A pillow, to be precise. So I taught them, because sewing a square and stuffing it with fluff is just about the easiest thing to learn. They were super excited, because it was fast. And don't we all like instant gratification?



So they made themselves some pillows. And then, they each made me one. And their Dad. And then they made their grandparents each one for Christmas.   



We used stash fabric, except for two pillows (the grandparents pillows), and we did buy fluff. But otherwise, quite an affordable and enjoyable project. Plus, now I have a perfect pillow to use when we are travelling in the car! Next up, they are making themselves fleece ponchos!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments almost more than chocolate. Now that is saying something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...