My Free Patterns

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Mindless knits are essential

Well, I cannot deny the truth of it--I have castonitis. In a BIG way. First (weeks ago now), I cast on some fingerless gloves. Then I got to the finger portion and


they were abandoned. I cast on a cabled sweater with the yarn I have left over from this


that was abandoned because I cast on a vest with this gorgeous yarn. It is Wool of the Andes Tweed. 



 
then that was abandoned and I cast on a vest for my daughter


Ok, that isn't all true, not everything has been abandoned. I am knitting the Mielie vest while the kids and I watch TV at night, since it is mainly stockinette. 


had to cast on the vest for Isla because all this beautiful yarn arrived in the mail. I also discovered something wonderful--yarn really does cheer me up! We've been having just a wee bit of family worry/drama, and the pumpkin yarn in particular make me feel ever so much better, just by looking at it. So I've left it and a red skein out on my desk, in case I need a quick pick me up. Another nice thing is that the kids saw all the pink (which they had picked) and decided in the future maybe they should pick some other colors. Wouldn't that be wonderful, if they threw in some greens and blues! Rori at least picked that lovely purple on the right, and Isla picked the red. 



So all that should keep me out of trouble for a little while. But I'm not going to lie, for some reason the cold weather is making me want to knit socks. We will see where the season takes me!



4 comments:

  1. I am so with you on with the medicinal (read that as magical) properties of wool and yarns. I find it helps to think if there are family issues, counting the stitches, casting on, knitting rows, all help x Look forward to seeing them all (some?) completed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally in love with cables - and that yarn is lovely! I have the same affliction - way too many WIPs around here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some nice projects on your needles, I especially like the cabled sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  4. there must be something in the air because I have the same disease :) Love the new projects!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments almost more than chocolate. Now that is saying something.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...